Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Two Important Things

Don't you wish you could have a do-over sometimes?  There are three or four areas of my past that I would love an opportunity to attempt again.  But, that's the beauty of life and experience.

As we all know, we can't change our past, but we can certainly shape our future in a positive way.

First important thing:  Be yourself!  As simple as that sounds and seems, it's tough for us sometimes.  People will like you for who you are.  Positive change is good as long as it's genuine.

Second important thing:  Have fun!  Quick story:   Our 7-year-old, Evan, was invited to a roller skating birthday party.  He was incredibly excited.  It was a 3 1/2 hour party and skating was honestly the last thing on my mind.  Even though Evan had never skated before, he expressed an interest in giving it a whirl, but was a little apprehensive.  To encourage him, I volunteered to go first.  

While lacing up, I was having second thoughts.  I'm 6' 6" to begin with; these skates would make me pro basketball height.  Also, I hadn't skated in 30 plus years - all of the normal excuses us grown-ups give for opting out of something.
To make a long story short, I had the time of my life and I didn't fall!  :)  "Tall" Sam Prindle at Mikey's 8th Birthday party
Thanks for reading!  Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.  I'm really easy to find!

Have a fantastic and productive day!

Your friend,

Sam Prindle
207-740-0596 "Beautiful" Lisbon Falls, Maine

No comments:

Post a Comment