Thursday, April 18, 2013

Are you struggling to lose weight? (Part 2)

     I'm sensing this will blossom into a 3-4 parter.  I really want to keep this simple, not overload or scare you away.  I truly feel this could help...

     One of the first things I did (that helped me immensely) was to keep a food journal.  Think of this as a checkbook register when you write a check.  I had to laugh as I wrote that sentence.  I probably wrote 6 whole checks all last year!

     So, step 1, keep a food journal or notebook.  Write down the time you eat, and what you eat.  Please don't leave any details out.  Try your best to estimate the calories per meal.  Also, make room for water on your daily list.  Put a hash mark down every time you consume an 8oz glass.  A phone app that makes this very easy is My Fitness Pal.

     Step 2.  Measure your waist and weigh yourself.  I've heard from two very reliable sources that the proper way to take your waist measurement is over your belly button.  I know, that sounds very high, but please trust me on this.  Make sure it's snug, but not overly tight.  Don't suck in your stomach (as tempting as that is!).

     Step 3.  Please only weigh and measure once a week for starters. 
   
     Let's meet back here in two weeks for part 3.  All you'll need to do in the meantime is measure and weigh twice, and keep your daily food and water journal.  We're not changing a thing at this point.

     Please leave me a comment if you have any questions.  Also, join our Facebook Code Name:  TPR community if you haven't already.  You can find that here.

     I'm cheering you on!  Feel free to touch base with me.  I'd love to keep up with your progress.

     Talk to you in 2 weeks!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment