Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My, how breakfast has changed!

     Breakfasts of the past would be filled with some sort of potato (hash browns, home fries, or fried potatoes), waffles, pancakes, or french toast covered (and I do mean COVERED) with high octane syrup.  Also, Pop Tarts was a great default breakfast.  Although, I do have to admit, I still love all the bad stuff!

     Here was my menu a few minutes ago:  1/4 cup dry steel cut oats, 1 scoop protein powder (I mix the protein powder in the oatmeal), 2 slices Ezekiel bread (plain), and 2 pieces of bacon.  One of my unlimited luxuries I allow myself is black coffee.  I do try to combat my enjoyment with plenty of water.  So far today, 3 small cups black coffee, 6 cups of water (8oz size).  Here are the stats:  calories 540, carbs 64 grams, total grams of fat - 13, dietary fiber - 10 grams, 3 grams of sugar, and a whopping 44 grams of protein!

     Needless to say, I'm full and focused, and ready to face the next 2-4 comfortably.  If I had opted for the Pop Tarts, I'd probably be eating again right now.

     Keep up the good work, don't forget to keep your food journals, and I'll see you back here in a little over a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment