Monday, October 31, 2011

TPR (Taking Personal Responsibility) Of Your Weight

     This is a tough one.  One of the biggest obstacles we face daily are food choices and weight related issues.  Food is such a part of our daily routine and culture.  Our society overeats the worst kinds of food.  (Not to worry, I'm pointing the finger at me too!)  Food, especially bad food, is so easily accessible 24 hours a day.

     Over the last 5 years, I've "boned up" on a lot of nutritional information.  A lot of reports attribute our ill health to excessive sugar and carbs in diets.  One gentleman I've learned a great deal from in this area is Jorge Cruise.  He offers an outstanding free eBook from his site by liking his Facebook page.  After liking his site (if you're still in the "liking" mood), I'd be grateful if you would check out our Code Name:  TPR page and liking that as well.  (If you have any questions about it, please drop me a line.  I'd be happy to help!)

     I'll be the first to admit that self-discipline and exercise play a key role in weight management.  You can always follow a crazy diet and lose weight, but can you eat that way for the rest of your life?  No!  One of the toughest things for me was giving up the king-size Daddy portions.  The definition of a Daddy portion is a big glob of food 2-3x what everyone else eats.  For example, my former portion of a piece of cake or pie was 1/4 of the dessert, seriously.  Yep, two big cuts in the cake or pie and I was good to go!  Lol!  Oh well, it's fun to reminisce.

     What I've found is that you don't have to settle for a super-sized version of yourself.  It does take time, patience, and self-control.  You can do it!

     If you have any nutritional and fitness tips you'd like to pass along, I would gladly post them on our Code Name:  TPR page.

     I'm cheering you on!  I look forward to hearing from you.  Your new lighter weight is worth the wait!
    

    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment