Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Here's exactly what I'm doing, health and fitness wise

Good morning friends!

As I'm writing this, I thought to myself, "Man, I feel better (and am in much better shape) than when I was a teenager!  It's crazy, when many people have given up on looking and feeling their best, I promise, you don't have to settle for anything but the best for you...and I'm here to help...promise!

You CAN live a more fulfilling life, eating fantastic food, having more energy, and looking great, without starving yourself, camping out at the gym, or having surgery!

As you know, I've been my own self-experiment since 2006.  After testing many different approaches, I finally found the one that I can honestly say...I could do for life.  This is important.   You need to design an nutritional program that you can live with, not something that you lose 10 pounds, are stressed and miserable, and gain it all back...yuck!

Since February, I have been following The Adonis Index program for men.  It zeroes in on a shoulder/waist ratio of 1.61 (your shoulder circumference divided by your waist measurement).

Here is a look at where I began and now:



Boy, do I feel fancy...first blog with a pic included...woo hoo!!!

This program has nutritional software that guides you based on your current stats (weight, shoulder circumference, waist, age, activity level, height, etc.) 

At the beginning, since you have more bodyfat to lose, you start with a lower calorie allotment for the week (Your body taps into your fat reserves to make up the caloric difference - as you make progress and lose fat, you receive more calories.  What a plan!).  Your mission:  get as close as you can to your weekly figure without going over.  Also, my protein requirement is a minimum of 60 grams, no more than 75 grams of sugar, and at least 200 carbs.  Eat whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as you adhere to your guidelines.

Now, this may not be the answer for everyone, but it's been the most effective, fun, and rewarding answer for me since 2006.  Here is my link to the Andonis Index program.  Also, for the ladies, here is the Venus program.

Contact me anytime if I may answer questions or lend some support, I would be happy to help!

Have a fantastic day!  Think of me as your own personal cheerleader!


p.s.  As far as exercise, I walk 1 mile 5-6 times a week, and I go to the gym twice weekly.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment