Thursday, February 27, 2014

Life In The Fast(ing) Lane, Day 4

At 6:49pm, last evening, the fast (which was intended to last 7 days) officially ended.  It wasn't an easy decision, but a good one considering the circumstances.  (The eating and drinking play-by-play is on http://whatisnutrition.org.)

One concern I had was heading into the weekend, where my responsibilities and work duty increase dramatically.  Energy levels were up and down; something I'm not used to feeling.  I couldn't go into the weekend without my A game.

I've read where most fasters experience an unbelievable burst of energy somewhere around day 3.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen, but I realize that every experience is individualized.

My purpose was to reset, cleanse, and detox my system.  After 78 hours, hopefully that goal was met.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and support.  Even though I've fasted many times for shorter periods, I have a whole new appreciation for food and nutrition.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment